- Would be willing to serve in this role and speak on your behalf?
- Would be able to act on your wishes and separate his/her own feelings from yours?
- Lives close by or could travel to be at your side if needed? (If your agent is someone who lives far enough away that it would take them a while to reach your treatment facility, you may want to select a temporary agent to serve until your agent can reach you.)
- Knows you well and understands what’s important to you?
- Will talk with you now about sensitive issues and will listen to your wishes?
- Will likely be available long into the future?
- Would be able to sensitively handle conflicting opinions between family members and friends?
- Can be an advocate in the face of an unresponsive doctor or institution?
To schedule a consultation to talk about the specific people in your life and who might be your best agent, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at (206) 459-1908.